How do you know if you have nail fungus?
When fungi invade the toenail these are changing in appearance:
Nails thicken and take on a yellowish color. As the infection progresses the nail may detach and fall.
Also affecting the area around the nail which can take a red, swollen and itching.
Fungi can also affect the fingernails: they make you turn yellow and become weak, cracked and broken. They can fall.
Why is the nail fungus?
They usually appear when exposed to an environment often hot and humid, so that most affect people working in contact with water.
Also greatly affect the elderly who suffer from diabetes, circulation problems or have a weakened immune system.
More often appear in the toenails. Once displayed the spread between the nails is very easy because you have to treat the infection very quickly.
How to prevent the occurrence of nail fungus?
To avoid the occurrence of nail fungus is a series of recommendations that can follow:
* Get used to wear comfortable shoes that allow “breathing” at our feet.
* In the changing rooms and communal showers should always wear sandals.
* Wash your feet regularly and dry them carefully.
* Change socks every day.
* Keep nails short.
* Disinfect pedicure tools before using them.
How to remove nail fungus
Here are some home remedies that will help to eliminate nail fungus. Note that you must be very consistent in the treatment and follow it until you are sure that the mushrooms are gone.
* Eliminate nail fungus with water and vinegar: placed in a container a quart of warm water and a glass of cider vinegar (apple or white wine) dip your feet in the mixture for 20 minutes twice a day. Dry thoroughly.
* Eliminate nail fungus with lemon squeeze lemons in sufficient quantity to submerge your feet in the juice. You can also rub lemon on the affected nails.
* Eliminate nail fungus with garlic: add to a bottle of clear nail polish a clove of garlic, 7 and 3 drops of lemon white iodine. Leave the mixture for a week and apply a coat a day for two weeks. Do just about nails that are infected.
* Eliminate nail fungus with tea tree essence: both the essential oil of tea tree and lavender essential oil are very effective in the fight against fungi. Apply them to the affected area at least three times a day.
It is recommended checking with your doctor, therapist or other qualified health provider. The information contained in this article is for information purposes only.